We would like to remind you that in compliance with the new provisions issued by the Swiss Confederation, from 13 September 2022 all adult guests over 16 years of age will be asked to provide a "Health Certificate" to access the indoor areas of all hotel services (our restaurants, bars, fitness room and spa).
The pass must show proof, in digital format with QR code or in paper form, of one of the following:
• Full and valid vaccination against Covid
• Negative PCR/antigen test no more than 48 hours previously
• Positive RT-PCR test that demonstrates recovery from Covid-19
Our staff will check your certificate on your arrival. In this way you will not have to show your certificate during the rest of your stay.
We remind you that the obligation to show a certificate is not necessary for refreshment services provided on the terrace and in the open air, where all customers are welcome.
Should you not possess a certificate, you can take advantage of our room service offers, from breakfast to snacks and meals.
If during your stay you need to take a Covid test, you can ask our concierge to book one in your name at the pharmacy, or directly with the Hotel doctor. Rapid and PCR tests are valid for at least 48 hours.
We guarantee that our staff observe the rules imposed by Directives. In addition, we have decided to continue using protective equipment (masks and gloves) to keep you safer.
Here are all the details:
RISTORANTE DEL PRINCIPE
Our Ristorante del Principe is open every evening from 7.00 p.m. and also at midday each weekend (from Thursday to Sunday) with prior reservation to give our guests more opportunity to savour our gourmet menus and experience our traditional dishes in the unique atmosphere of the Pavillon on the terrace.
Maître Claudio Recchia and Sommelier Gabriele Speziale welcome you with their usual warm hospitality and a team prepared and trained specifically on the subject of safety.
BAR DEL PRINCIPE
Our Bar del Principe is open every day from 11.00 a.m. to 12.00 a.m. and awaits you on the terrace where, come rain or shine, you can relax and enjoy a drink in the gazebo, under the portico or out in the open air, savour a light snack, informal lunch or bistro dinner, or be tempted by our pastries and the indulgent flavours of our homemade ice cream.
LEISURE TIME SERVICES
We are also pleased to confirm that our leisure time offers have also been reopened for you and your children, including the outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, fitness club and playground for little ones, as well as the DOT Spa with its array of treatments and packages for fitness, relaxation and self-care.
- Outdoor heated swimming pool with sun loungers and umbrellas in the garden positioned to comply with social distancing rules and to avoid gatherings. Lifeguard assistance every day from 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. – towels available and bar service in the pool on request
- Private Suite available subject to prior booking - reserved exclusively so that you can take time out for a Detox, Revitalizing or Relaxation treatment between a Finnish sauna, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi or sensory shower. The Private Suite is cleaned, sanitized and prepared for every single booking, and reserved for your exclusive use: a guarantee of privacy, relaxation and security
- Body, face and beauty treatments can be carried out without restrictions. The staff at Dot. Spa have developed a protocol together with the Hotel's Safety Manager so that they can offer their services with the highest level of professionalism and in compliance with enhanced hygiene standards. Treatments must be booked in advance to ensure that adequate time is set aside for correct sanitization of the areas.
- Hair styling services can be booked either in the booths at the Spa, to complete your beauty treatment, or in the privacy of your room. Our employees always use protective equipment during the session.
- The Fitness centre can be used subject to prior booking and its exclusive use is guaranteed for each guest or family unit. Sanitizer, washbasins and towels are provided by the Hotel. Appropriately sanitized rackets and balls are available for hire
- E-bikes: we have 4 e-bikes available which can be rented for a maximum of half a day.
- The tennis courts are open and can be booked. Our Tennis instructor is available for individual lessons or for small groups (maximum 2 people) and with specific program for children.
- The valet parking service is in operation.
NEW PROTOCOL INFORMATION
For your safety and that of all our employees, we have developed a protocol that is constantly updated as Federal and Cantonal directives evolve. Some of the most important ones are listed below:
- All our employees have received specific training for the reopening with increased hygiene regulations
- A Plexiglas panel has been placed at the Reception Desk, and reception and concierge services have been personalized, using the tables in the Bar Lounge area to guarantee a distance of two metres and the maximum privacy of each family unit.
- Hand gels and sanitizers are available for guests in each common area. A kit of gloves and masks is available at the reception desk on request.
- Handles, keypads, contact points, pens, keys etc. are continuously disinfected with products containing alcohol at over 78%.
- All services have been re-evaluated to make the most of our beautiful outdoor spaces and to ensure continuous ventilation.
- In the Restaurant, Breakfast room and Bar, the tables have been arranged to guarantee a distance of at least 2 metres.
Breakfast is served a la carte or with a buffet assisted by our staff.
The elevators are only accessible to one family unit at a time.
For bathrooms in common areas, we have a constant cleaning and sanitizing program, with access limited to a maximum of one guest at a time.
Kitchen staff are obliged to wear a mask and gloves, as are staff in the restaurant, bar and breakfast room.
The housemaids who take care of your rooms work according to new revised procedures and are equipped with disposable gloves and masks.
- Room service can be personalized according to your needs and preferences by speaking with the housekeeper upon arrival.
We try to ensure that the rooms remain free and well ventilated at least 24 hours before being reassigned, but we guarantee that cleaning after departure is carried out thoroughly using quality products.
- Our staff wear protective equipment and ensure that every object is sanitized after use (steering wheel and car keys).
We have selected a specialist doctor from the area whom we can contact if necessary, in addition to local doctors.
Please inform us if you experience symptoms of Coronavirus (fever, cough, respiratory tract inflammation, etc.) within 48 hours of your departure from the hotel or if you are positive to tests.
For any need please consult the confederation's website: https://www.bag.admin.ch and https://ufsp-coronavirus.ch
Find out more about the location and activities.
Our Concierge and Staff at the reservation center will be happy to offer you ideas to better prepare your holidays in Ticino: boat trips, mountain excursions, shopping tips and discovering the area.